Saturday, January 12, 2013

Something New...

A lot of people like to make resolutions for a new year. I am not big on making resolutions but I do like to reflect on the previous year and make life changes for the new year. Life changes could be praying more, spending more time with family, taking better care of my body, etc.

This year, I decided I wanted to do new things.  I have never blogged before, so this is all new to me. Another new thing I am doing this year is writing book reviews. I signed up at www.crossfocusereview.com to read Christian books and write reviews on them. I am really excited to try this. The book I am currently reading is called Loving the Church by John Crotts. So far so good. I will be posting my review soon.

The most major new thing I will be doing this year is traveling overseas. I have been out of the country a few times before, visiting family in Mexico. However, I have never been to any other country. On August 5th, 2013, I will be traveling to Lome, Togo! I am so excited. I am counting down the days--205 to be exact! ;-) I will be there for 10 days assisting missionary Jaydie Johnson in any way I can.

It has always been my dream to go on a missions trip but for years I was afraid to go. I was afraid because I knew the trips were expensive and I did not trust I could come up with the funds in time. However, I am trusting God with Togo. He has called me to West Africa, so I believe He will make a way.

205 days will go by fast!

Always,
Amberly

No comments:

Post a Comment