Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bragging on Jesus: He's Always On Time!

I just want to take a moment to brag about the goodness of my God. He has always been so faithful and true to me. Whether He gives me front-row parking (which happens often!) or He encourages me through a friend, He always spoils me and reminds me of His undying love for me. Recently, He blessed me with a full-time position at my place of employment!

For the six months I have been at Children's Hospital, I have been a casual employee. One week I would work thirty hours, the next week would be six. One day I would work first shift. The next day I worked second. My schedule was crazy and I was not getting enough hours to make ends meet.

Before the full-time position was posted to the public, it was posted internally. I competed with six other people for the position. The hours were perfect and the wage was right. I so wanted the job. However, the six others I had to compete with had way more seniority than I. I had a good work ethic and good attitude but was still quite new.

Nonetheless, God is bigger than our accomplishments, seniority, ability and ideas. He blessed me with then position I desired and needed. He is so good.  "I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread" (Psalm 37:25) He is true to His word and never lets us down! Thankful for a God who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment